Located at 2 Market Street, Sydney is Allianz Centre, a 24 level high rise commercial office building with an adjoining seven level forecourt building. The building currently comprises 39,818 square meters of office space, multi-level basement car parks, food court and retail area. The multi-level basement car parks have the capacity to house over 300 vehicles. The building was completed in 1990 and redeveloped in 2007.
The redevelopment was carried out in four phases:
Phase 1 – Office Tower
- Demolition of the existing two low rise buildings and associated structures fronting Kent Street
- Provision of new structural columns and enhancing a number of existing columns to the basement car park
- Construction of a new six storey commercial /retail building fronting Kent Street
Phase 2 – Market Street Frontage
- Internal modifications to the existing foyer/colonnade to allow for the introduction of retail space
- Alterations and upgrade of the façade and installation of awning along the street frontage
Phase 3 – Level 7 Food Court Modifications
- Internal modifications including removal of existing food court and the introduction of open plan retail space
- Alterations and upgrade of existing Sussex Street frontage
Phase 4 – Enclosure of Sussex Street Colonnade
- Infilling of existing colonnade to allow for the introduction of retail uses
- Alterations and upgrade of the existing podium façade
Southern Cross Switchboards supplied a 800A distribution board as a temporary power supply for 2 Market Street project in Sydney. The distribution board is a IP42, Form 3bih with a rated fault level of 25kA for 1 second. It was a simple distribution board with an 800A main switch for the incoming supply and 4 x 250A circuit breakers for outgoing loads.